Your average bear...

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Just some more video of this guy, who lives in the same canyon where the latest mountain lion video was captured. This was November 14th, around 9:30pm. It was the night the last round of wildfires started. You can see some things flying around in the wind. I can't tell if they are leaves, or possibly ash. This place did not burn, luckily for the animals, and for me - otherwise I would have a nice melted lump of plastic tied to a tree.

Again, the camera makes no noise - there is a section of red LED lights that light up, but they are dim enough that you have to be looking right at the camera to notice. I think the bears just always smell a new object, and that people have been in their territory.

The lion didn't come back...and now the canyon bottom is somewhat full of water, so I took the camera down. This spot is no longer a nice route for animals, and they don't need the waterhole as much, either, since the creeks are all running a little fuller now.

Rumpled

Post by Rumpled »

Man, that was up close and personal. I thought that bear was gonna rear up and pee or something.
Musta been a pretty good amount of scent there.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Another good one. Thanks, cougarmagic.
Bill

Post by Bill »

I bear no responsibility for the puns that I feel are a-bruin.
Sorry! Couldnt resist. :oops:
Amazing video Cougar Magic! 8)
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Bill wrote:I bear no responsibility for the puns that I feel are a-bruin.
Sorry! Couldnt resist. :oops:
Amazing video Cougar Magic! 8)
Oh, you just bruin everything.... :lol:

Thanks!
Funyan005

Post by Funyan005 »

I would not want to run into an angry one of those! Thats for sure

Seems he wasn't even there for water, just wanted to smell a human nice and close! (ha, makes me nervous)