Ladies I need your help...

Clothes, tools, technology, nutrition, training, techniques, etc.
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

My wife needs your help really. She is a whopping 4'11" tall. Im looking to buy her a new sleeping bag. She sleeps cold, and all of my bags just have too much room at the bottom to heat up. Can anyone give me advice as to what you have used and what not to use. I would like to keep it easy on the wallet if possible, and more of a 3 season bag.
Thanks!
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

Have you looked at Junior bags? Kelty Little Tree/Flower 20 comes to mind.

http://www.kelty.com/p-471-little-tree- ... egory=kids
or
http://www.kelty.com/p-533-little-flowe ... egory=kids

My son loves this bag (Little Tree) and keeps him toasty...he's gone down to 30 degrees up in Big Bear with it and he was good with the bag rating.
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

mangus7175 wrote: Have you looked at Junior bags? Kelty Little Tree/Flower 20 comes to mind.

http://www.kelty.com/p-471-little-tree- ... egory=kids
or
http://www.kelty.com/p-533-little-flowe ... egory=kids

My son loves this bag (Little Tree) and keeps him toasty...he's gone down to 30 degrees up in Big Bear with it and he was good with the bag rating.
I have not, but I will look into junior bags. Thanks!
everyday

Post by everyday »

Yeah, Ide think JR's bags too....as im a lady, but cant offer any advice as Im 5'8.....so I have not a clue where youde get a bag a foot shorter :?
atomicoyote

Post by atomicoyote »

Try Sierra Designs, too. They have youth bags that fit persons up to five feet tall, and their womens bags go up to 5' 6".

Also look at Sierra Trading Post. They sell a lot of manufacturers' overstock stuff for pretty cheap. Stock changes all the time, but this time of year there should be a lot of summer & 3-season stuff on sale.

Though you want to keep it cheap, if you wanted something that'll last (and last, and last . . . meaning its cheaper in the long run) you can get a custom-made down bag from Feathered Friends in Seattle. Pricey, but I've had one of their "off-the-rack" -20F bags for over 20 years and its still way too warm for winter temps here in the So Cal Mountains.
everyday

Post by everyday »

Thier Womens bags are only for people 5'6 or less? Wow, are most women really that short? :shock:
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

thanks for the info. I ordered a cheap short bag just to see how it fits and then we are going to find a "junior" bag and try that and see what fits better. The short bag should show up today, shipping said its on the truck for delivery.
My 5 year old has been going to an endocrinologist because she takes after mom and they said she will probably be about 4' 11" when she gets older too.
simonov

Post by simonov »

This year Ingrid and I have been using a Big Agnes double down mummy bag. Sharing body heat is an efficient way to go, especially good for her because I am such a warm sleeper and give off a lot of heat from which she can benefit.
Nunc est bibendum
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

simonov wrote: This year Ingrid and I have been using a Big Agnes double down mummy bag. Sharing body heat is an efficient way to go, especially good for her because I am such a warm sleeper and give off a lot of heat from which she can benefit.
This is a good option, I think I will look into those.

We did order a short bag, and it fits her great, I think the option of a youth bag is out because they are a lot narrower.