Iwihinmu

Archived TRs for the Los Padres National Forest.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Ok, Iwihinmu is just a fancy name for Mt. Pinos. But it sounds sexier and more exotic than just saying Mt. Pinos.

Anyhoo, made a trek to the Ventura County high country last weekend to escape the heat. Went out for a second visit to Sawmill while we were in the neighborhood. I really like this area. A night a Sheep Camp could be in order one of these days.

TR and pics here: http://wildsouthland.blogspot.com/2017/ ... world.html

Image[/i]
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

Nice writeup. I had to read that to confirm this is the largest cairn I have ever seen.
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

Yes, that's a wonderful area! Unfortunately, trailhead is a 166-mile roundtrip from my apartment...;o(

Looks like the summit cairn has stood the test of time (well, almost 3 years, anyway)...but the monks have moved on...see photo from September 2014...

Thanks for the fine report and pix!

oldcoot

oops...tried to attach photo, and got message that it's in format the forum program doesn't understand...it's standard jpeg...have posted them here before...weird...thought everything understood jpeg...well, anyway, cairn looked about the same, but had those colorful tibetan monk flags all around it...
Sean

Post by Sean »

Here is your pic, oldcoot. It uploaded to the Gallery. But the site is having posting issues right now.

oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

Thanks -- for getting the photo up there, and for the monumental effort to keep this wonderful forum going!

oldcoot
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Looks like the summit cairn has stood the test of time (well, almost 3 years, anyway)...but the monks have moved on...see photo from September 2014...
The monks were still there in September of 2015. I've got a pic similar to yours from that time period.