turning off "trending" emails?

Comments & questions about this site.
bcrowell

Post by bcrowell »

I keep getting emails from "EisPiraten.com (via Tapatalk)" <trending@tapatalk.com> on random threads that I'm not interested in. I poked around in my control panel and profile, and I couldn't find any way to turn these off. I would still like to get notifications about threads that I'm actually participating in or have subscribed too, but I don't see any obvious way to do this. The email has an unsubscribe link, but would that unsubscribe me from all emails, including emails about threads that I'm participating in?
dima

Post by dima »

I THINK that "unsubscribe" link does what you (and everybody else) wants, but I can't tell you for certain. This thing is lame. I'll pounce on a chance to move away nicely, but don't see a way right now.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Can you take a snapshot of the disclaimer/unsubscribe info in the footer and post here or PM me? Block out or trim your email address if you don't want it shown. I think that you can unsubscribe without losing other announcements. The trending emails are something else.
dima

Post by dima »

I used to get these emails every few days, but haven't for a while, presumably because I clicked on their magic link. The text at the bottom of each of these emails:
This email is sent to aaa@bbb.ccc. You received this email because you are a registered member of EisPiraten.com and Tapatalk is providing this email as service to EisPiraten.com. Unsubscribe (this is the link). Your privacy is important to us: if you believe this email is sent to you in an error, please email us at privacy@tapatalk.com.
The link itself is some tapatalk-specific blob, not a standard phpbb thing in any obvious way.
Sean

Post by Sean »

So it looks like a generic blast to registered members rather than new post announcements. Hopefully unsubscribing will stop them, but let us know if that doesn't work.
bcrowell

Post by bcrowell »

Hmm....I tried the unsubscribe link, but it didn't seem to do anything. It just seemed to redirect me to the tapatalk.com home page. I think I'm just going to start sending email from tapatalk to my spam folder, which will have the effect of making me not get any emails. That's not the result I want, but I don't see any way to get any other outcome.
Sean

Post by Sean »

bcrowell wrote:Hmm....I tried the unsubscribe link, but it didn't seem to do anything.
Perhaps try again. When I hit the unsubscribe link on a trending email, I got this message just now...

Sean

Post by Sean »

The other option is to email them at privacy@tapatalk.com and ask to be removed from the trending emails for EisPiraten.com.

Also, you could only send emails from "trending@tapatalk.com" to the spam folder. You should still get email announcements from our forum, which come from a different email address.