So I'm moving to the east coast

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
headsizeburrito

Post by headsizeburrito »

My wife got a job in the DC area that is too good to pass up, so we'll be moving towards the end of August. We plan on being there a year or two while she does some resume building, then moving back west.

Got a few more hikes I want to do before then, so time to hit the trails!

If anyone has suggestions of good places to hike within a couple hours of the DC Metro area, I'd be happy to hear them! I know basically nothing about that part of the country other than that it's pretty flat...
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

DC is only about 60 miles to the closest point on the Appalachian Trail.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Some reports from the Appalachian Trail would be cool. Don't think I've seen any from members in quite awhile. Have fun on the east coast! You should be arriving just in time for the summer humidity and thunderstorms, eh?
headsizeburrito

Post by headsizeburrito »

I'll definitely check out some parts of the AT, though I think the more interesting sections are further south and further north!
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Congratulations (to both of you) on the new job. Of course, I'm disappointed you won't be around to complete the hikes that are impossible for me, but maybe you'll move back (cough, Black Kaweah, cough). I don't know the area, but I'm sure there are some nice mountains in Virginia (with a little driving). DC is a fun and interesting place. Best of luck!