GPS track for Good Canyon

Clothes, tools, technology, nutrition, training, techniques, etc.
Ellen

Post by Ellen »

Howdy All,

A friend asked for a GPS track for Good Canyon to where it connects with the Ski Hut/Bowl trail. Seeing as how I've only nailed the route twice ? (and don't have a GPS track for the recommended route), I defer to Cucamonga Sean and David Enfuego. I can copy and paste a track from this forum or receive via e-mail at EColemanRD at aol dot com.

Hoping to find something interesting soon so I can post to the "I found this and now it's mine" thread ?

Miles of smiles and thanks,
Ellen
dima

Post by dima »

The thing I thought was "Goode Canyon" doesn't intersect the ski hut trail. Are you talking about the canyon that tops out between the two heads of Baldy, and runs S,SE to a confluence at 5570ft?
Sean

Post by Sean »

I emailed Ellen. Good Canyon was named after Harvey Good, according to some locals to whom I spoke. Makes sense to me, since Harvey Good is a former Baldy Fire Chief and biology professor at La Verne University. Tom Harrison maps also spells it "Good Canyon." I believe the alternate spelling "Goode" comes from an old SAR tag posted on a tree at the canyon's mouth. Why SAR spelled it with an "e", I don't know. But they are the same canyon.
Ellen

Post by Ellen »

Howdy Dima ?

Thank you -- I "misspoke." Yes, I am referring to the canyon that tops out between west Baldy and Baldy.

Howdy Cucamonga Sean ?

Thanks so much for the beta and for your and your team's trail work. Also appreciate the background info on how "Goode canyon" was named.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen