Making tapatalk suck a little bit less

Comments & questions about this site.
dima

Post by dima »

As some of you maybe noticed, just looking at a post (ANY tapatalk post) is a very computationally-intensive activity. On my machine it eats up ~ 1/3 of a full core, which wastes power, and makes my laptop toasty warm, and less responsive to other tasks. This is just me looking at an already-loaded post, not actually doing anything. I got fed up a few days ago, and actually did some minor debugging, and I now know the cause: the edit box where you type the replies is doing something idiotic. I reported this, but I'd be shocked if they bother to actually fix it. In the meantime, you can temporarily get your cycles back by removing the edit box. At least in firefox you can make a bookmark, and put it into the toolbar as a button. Use this for the address:
javascriptxxx:(function () { x=document.getElementsByClassName("postbody replybody"); x[0].parentNode.removeChild(x[0]) })();
It makes the edit box go away. To reply, reload the page.

While writing this, I discovered yet another tapatalk idiocy. They block posts with the string "javascript:" at the beginning of a line (or something like that). Except they don't tell you they're blocking something, or WHY, you just get a weird error message and you then have to guess what they were thinking. Thus, remove the "xxx" from the above.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

dima

Post by dima »

Summary: tapatalk is run by a bunch of clowns.