Owens Valley to Keeler to Cerro Gordo to Saline Valley to Darwin back to Keeler

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
LetsGlissadeLhotze

Post by LetsGlissadeLhotze »

This is going to be a sloppy TR. I apologize. 66.6 miles 7,336 up and down 4 days.. bla bla... I didnt know what I was doing.. The wind was absolutely awful. Constant 30 mph every day. Found a neat cabin... Took Ryans advice about bananas and Peanut butter. much success . I got dehydrated and exposure (I forgot sunscreen).... lots of Jets buzzed from EdwardsAB.. Spent the last day riding around D.V .......
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image6.jpeg
image7.jpeg
IMG_0277.JPG
Taco

Post by Taco »

I like the sexy pic at the cabin
dima

Post by dima »

Sweet! How'd you get in and out of Saline Valley? I've been wanting to ride over the Inyos.
LetsGlissadeLhotze

Ha.... i took cerro gordo road. “The old yellow grade” which is a public road that briefly cuts through private property at the top. (Through a patented gold claim owned by that underwood guy) once you go over the pass you eventually drop down into Saline Valley. There is an interesting junction at the bottom into hunter mountain where theres a very very old cabin called “hunter cabin” just inside DVNP (different from the one I posted). Lessons learned from this trip are exactly what I was told. Get the biggest tires you can fit on your bike! ?‍♂️ Also wind=Madness
LetsGlissadeLhotze

I took 190 all the way back to owens valley
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

Sounds like a nice ride.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

I just spent four days in DV. My favorite part was driving on a rough road 4x4-ing (if that's a word) on a road that parallels the Darwin Falls Trailhead. It was gnarly! My first real experience on a narrow rocky road with a few steep drop-offs. We passed by some old mines and met some bikers on the same trail that had to wait for us to pass as they were approaching us from the opposite direction. Eventually it widened out and got flat but we were headed to Darwin City. I can see how bikers such as yourself would like this very scenic ride. I am not sure if you followed this same path but it was quite a ride!
20210424_130856.jpg