Lost & Found

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

They grow up fast Jim! Enjoy these years!
blueshammer

Post by blueshammer »

Found a camera while hiking up San Bernardino Peak yesterday. If you think it's yours, message me with a description of the camera (brand, model, etc.) and I'll try to make arrangements to get it back to you.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Aye, Mike they do. I look at the pictures I took a year ago, and she looks so different.

I come home now, and she crawls in my lap and says "I love you daddy." About 10 years from now, she'll have purple hair and will hold up a crucifix (as though I were Dracula) when I come in the room. Sigh.

HJ
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Found a camera today (8/31) on the PCT between Vincent Gap and the summit of Baden-Powell. If you lost it, PM me with a description and I'll make sure you get it back. If you know someone who lost a camera, let 'em know I may have it. Thank y'all.

~Rico
Mountainbob

Post by Mountainbob »

Some time ago we found a rather nice wind shell type jacket in one of the rock rings on the summit of Mt. Baldy. If you are the owner or know the owner, please get back to me with a description so I can get it back to you.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Did any female trail runners lose an article of clothing on the PCT going south from the Snow Creek Trailhead? Snow Creek is in the San Jacinto Mountains, a bit far afield from the San Gabriels, but I know of at least one trail runner who posts here who also does trail running out that way.

Trailhead pic:

Describe the article, and it's yours.

HJ
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

If anyone left a pair of boots at the Manker Flats Trail Head contact me I have them. They could have been left Wednesday, Thursday or Friday morning. Pass the word on other boards so we can get them back to the owner.
A6

Post by A6 »

I found something on the dirt road from the ski lift parking lot up to the Manker Flats dirt road today at about 3pm. The only hint you get is they come in pairs....and the one you have is now useless to you w/o the one I found. Identify it and you will get it back.
OutdoorAbstract

Post by OutdoorAbstract »

Hiking pack has gone missing. Might have been left near the top of the pavement on Mt. Baldy Road, near the sign for the ski area. Red and gray Black Diamond. Don't believe that's where it went but can't figure out what happened to it so figured I would try here. Thanks!
stochi

Post by stochi »

Hi all,
This past Sunday on 6/14/15, I believe my Big Agnes Air Core sleeping pad fell out of my backpack. Probably came out on the Icehouse Canyon trail near the trailhead. Its maroon and was in its stuff sack, with my name but no phone number on it. Send me a PM if you hear anything. My hope is hikers are good people and will try to find a way to get gear back to its owner, hence this wonderful lost & found forum.
Thanks,
Steve
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

i was hiking today in the idyllwild area and found what appears to be a perfectly good cell phone. locked, it is, without any other owner identifying marks on it.

it will next be found at the idyllwild ranger station on friday june 26th as they are closed thursdays.

i am away and don't remember my san jacinto board password.

would someone be so kind as to cross post this message on their board?

thanks!

bardley
Sean

Post by Sean »

A couple weekends ago I abandoned a hiking pole atop Goodykoontz. Just thought I'd mention it.
KMA310

Post by KMA310 »

Hello all. Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong area.

This gear bag was found "somewhere" in the Mt Baldy area. If you can list the contents of the bag as well as where it was left well enough to convince me it's yours, we can make arrangements for pick up.

As tempting as it is, please don't fill up my inbox with PM's of guesses and attempts at the bag's contents, lol.. at the same time, I know I just screwed myself.

ps.. I'll be contacting the ranger station as well but any "lost & found" type information services you know about would be appreciated if you send the info my way. I'd like to see this return to it's owner.

Thanks all, and Happy Exploring
Mountain.Rain

Post by Mountain.Rain »

LOST:

[blue] Gregory Jade 28 (Liter) day pack 6-9-17 on Mt. Baldy.

Probably in the parking areas in front of:
The Mt. Baldy Visitor Center
or
The Mt. Baldy Lodge Restaurant.
(Around 9-10 pm)

It could have also possibly been left at Manker Flats right next to the road leading up to the waterfall. (Much less likely)

I'm am pretty devastated...my Arc'teryx Alpha SV jacket and Julbo Monterosas were inside. :(

Please contact me at: 949-643-8326 if you any any information.

OR

mountainrain7@gmail.com

jjoshuagregory

Post by jjoshuagregory »

I found a set of keys on Baldy this last Sunday (6/3) if you know of anyone missing a set, I found them in the rocks of a wind shelter. Seemed like they slid out.

Hit me up here if you know anyone. Thanks!
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

I lost my cell phone on President's day at the Rocky Peak trail. It's a Galaxy S8. I may have dropped it or left it on a rock after leaving the saddle going towards Rocky Peak. I reported it but I am still hopeful.
CrustyOlfardt

Post by CrustyOlfardt »

Ice Axe Found on Mt Baldy (Ski Hut) trail

If you lost one, post description and contact info.
CrustyOlfardt

Post by CrustyOlfardt »

I didn't know about this lost and found thread. The title of my post read Ice Axe Found on Mt Baldy (Ski Hut) trail
Sean

Post by Sean »

CrustyOlfardt wrote: I didn't know about this lost and found thread.
Sorry, I forgot to keep your title when I merged the threads. I added it to the original post.
CrustyOlfardt

Post by CrustyOlfardt »

It's all good. Thanks Sean
Tom Kenney

Post by Tom Kenney »

I found a camera on the Silver Moccasin Trail between Three Points and Bandido CG, Wednesday, 23rd Oct. It wasn't there on Monday, 21st Oct at 2:00 PM.

PM details, and we can arrange pickup/drop-off/shipping.
Tom Kenney

Post by Tom Kenney »

I found a mini-pump on Rincon Rd ~2km east of West Fork CG. PM me brand and description, and we can arrange delivery.
Slowest_Hiker

Post by Slowest_Hiker »

Might have dropped a key ring with 2 small keys (like for a bike lock) near Grassy Hollow, either parked on the road across from the entrance, at the first picnic table after the gate, or somewhere between, 11 July 2020.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

Unfortunately, I lost my phone in the Los Padres Forest yesterday. I hiked the McGill trail the steep way from the bottom of the road all the way up to the Nordic Base. There was only one person on the trail. I am hoping that it is still on the trail. There was only a few campers at each of the campgrounds. I am pretty sure where I lost it so I am going back tomorrow. I am hoping it was found but have not heard anything.