Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs

Archived TRs for ranges outside California.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Recently I got the hell out of California and moved to Colorado. I'll miss the San Gabriels and Joshua Tree, but the Rockies are way more awesome. No trash or graffiti and the weather is even sunnier than California. I'm lucky enough to live ten minutes from Garden of the Gods, the coolest city park in the world. There's so much wildlife up here I'm thinking of investing in a better camera, but for now here's a few pix, and a video I put up on YouTube...

Tower of Babel

Steamboat Rock

Siamese Twins

Little Balanced Rock

The Overlook

Snow Day

Gray Rock

Balanced Rock

The Three Graces

CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

It's impossible to upload photos to this site. Also the most invasive to privacy I've ever seen. How much do you guys make selling our private information?
Gene

Post by Gene »

I'm watching it right now, excellent.

Note: A bear has to eat too.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

If you listen close to that clip you'll hear me pulling back the trigger on a gun. That bear was veering my direction for awhile.
Gene

Post by Gene »

CrazyHermit wrote: If you listen close to that clip you'll hear me pulling back the trigger on a gun. That bear was veering my direction for awhile.
A bear has to eat, but not you. ?
Taco

Post by Taco »

I make $30,000 a month off your privacy. Nah, we make nothing. Tapatalk blows. Im sorry about that, partially my fault, partially not.

I got to see a very small part of that area while working as a crew member on a race team on Pikes Peak. It seems like an awesome place to live, with so much interesting land all around. Right on. I hope to leave CA as well someday sooner rather than later. Enjoy it.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

I know its not your fault, but wow it's intrusive. Uploading photos is virtually impossible. It took me thirty years to finally take the leap and leave Commiefornia, best decision I ever made. Almost everyone up here is either from California or Texas. The WOKE people move to Denver, the conservatives move to Colorado Springs. Even when it snows its gone in a day because we get over 300 days a year of sunshine. Awesome that you got to work on the Pikes Peak race.
Sean

Post by Sean »

CrazyHermit wrote: It's impossible to upload photos to this site. Also the most invasive to privacy I've ever seen. How much do you guys make selling our private information?
To embed images I think you need a link with the file extension like .jpg or .png at the end. Otherwise it won't work.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Yeah it's mega annoying trying to put photos in. I gave up on it and only really try hard to make a good TR once in a great while. Someday we will build a new site which will crush all before it, dominating the interweb. Until then, I will curse at my screen and give up, like I did on my huge trip reports for my bike tour last year and the bike tour this February.

I'm thinking of moving to Idaho. I want a place that won't be californicated for at least another ten years. This place gets dumber and more expensive every year. I'm glad so many people love it and wonder why I think it's dumb, they can ride it to the grave. A shame the land has this human problem atop it. I love my mountains. Anyway!
dima

Post by dima »

I can move this thing away from tapatalk, but just don't have the time to do it right now. If somebody wants to work with me on that, it would help dramatically. There are multiple ways we can approach it, with different amounts of labor required. The more labor-intensive methods would produce a better result, though...