Icehouse project

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

Saw this in the FS Twitter feed today.
Talk about construction of buildings where the old Icehouse lodge ruins are currently located. I once had a beer there while looking out the window over the parking lot.
I need to read more, don’t see how it increases security. And what amenities?

https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=62990
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda
Taco

Post by Taco »

Interesting. The security thing is a curious thought. Ive got friends who work with that project. I am not familiar with that site, however. Didnt know there was a lodge.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Ooooooh! Will there be a Starbucks?
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

Taco wrote:Interesting. The security thing is a curious thought. Ive got friends who work with that project. I am not familiar with that site, however. Didnt know there was a lodge.
The lodge burned down in the late 80’s. I kind of remember reading the Daily Bulletin about the circumstances being a little suspicious.
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda
AW~

Post by AW~ »

This supervisor know where Icehouse is?

I guess as long as the applicant doesnt have any dead bodies to hide in the shed..he'll get approved.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Uncle Rico wrote: Ooooooh! Will there be a Starbucks?
If only. $20 to park though. Thats cheap...I saw a tshirt for $135.
I also saw the photo of an atv....I dont know what that was.
I just go with the flow...the thing is, Im for more developed town.
David R

Post by David R »

I have an Icehouse project, I would like to shut down the road above Baldy Village to everyone except the residents. The whole area is way overused. IHC isn't worth hiking anymore unless it is a weekday and Baldy is an embarrassment.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

David R wrote: I have an Icehouse project, I would like to shut down the road above Baldy Village to everyone except the residents. The whole area is way overused. IHC isn't worth hiking anymore unless it is a weekday and Baldy is an embarrassment.
A van will be by later today to take you to a re-education camp David.

You'll come around.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Uncle Rico wrote:
David R wrote: I have an Icehouse project, I would like to shut down the road above Baldy Village to everyone except the residents. The whole area is way overused. IHC isn't worth hiking anymore unless it is a weekday and Baldy is an embarrassment.
A van will be by later today to take you to a re-education camp David.

You'll come around.
Can I bring *they*? They is a unique individual. Besides being an "adult baby" who is an expert at DEI.... ..this person claims to be "Tovaangar" "chumash-tongva". But since they is as white as snow, they said it was in solidarity against oppression colonialist. There is this creature called a white cisgendered. And its mucking everything up. 10 to 1 its their fault. But its not me.
Sean

Post by Sean »

JeffH wrote: The lodge burned down in the late 80’s. I kind of remember reading the Daily Bulletin about the circumstances being a little suspicious.
The forgotten anniversary is coming up later this month. The caretaker was arrested on suspicion of arson.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Baldy has been a disaster for a hundred years. In June 1926, they started improving and extending the road from Baldy Village to Lytle Creek, thinking in part that this would alleviate the traffic jams.

Screenshot_20230311-060021-308.png

Screenshot_20230311-060105-494.png

(San Bernardino Daily Sun, June 20, 1926)

Unfortunately they did not succeed. There is no highway through to Lytle Creek. They only increased the attraction to Manker Flats by first leasing land up there for a "playground," then permitting the ski lift in the '50s. So all traffic must go up and down that small road. And there is not enough parking. It probably should be a toll road on the weekends.