Arroyo Seco Connector Maintenance

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
David R

Post by David R »

I went up today to maintain the connector trail into the Arroyo Seco from the fire station. The trail is in much better shape then when I was up here a year ago. and working it. I figured that now would be prime poison oak growth time and a trimming might be needed. The connector is used much more often and the tread of the trail has also improved. I trimmed on my way down, when I made it into poison oak alley. This section was passable but there was plenty of encroachment and dodging that would be needed to get through. I cleaned it up and now it is easily passable. I got to the canyon floor and the Arroyo Seco is really flowing nicely, more like the Arroyo Humedo. Crossing would have been a wading exercise so I didn't go all the way to the dam and turned around and trimmed a bit more on the way up, in places I missed.
walker

Post by walker »

Thanks for the maintenance work, David! Nice to hear it's getting some attention. The trail is also known as Station Ridge Trail. It's been a while since I used it, so I'll have to pay a visit and check it out!