The Butt Crack, World's Narrowest Slot Canyon In St. George Utah

Archived TRs for ranges outside California.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Not for the claustrophobic, this crack is only eight inches wide at it's narrowest point. If you get stuck you're screwed.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Wow, that's a slot canyon. I love all the red rock formations. Thanks for sharing.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Way back in the olden days when we would walk to and from school bare-foot in the snow and it was uphill both ways, we'd go to St. George every year for Spring Break. We'd go to the butt crack at night time when it was dark to make it more exciting. There's a big established trailhead and parking area now, but back then it was something known only by the locals. Same with Little Jamaica which I think you can't access any more.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Nice. I saw one video of a guy doing the crack at night. Looked really cool. Is Little Jamaica in St. George?
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Little Jamaica was just above the Virgin River off the I-15 near Beaver Dam. You used to be able to park along the freeway and drop down to it. It was a spring that fed into the Virgin that had several crystal clear pools and lush vegetation. I don't think you can get there anymore (if it even still exits). You certainly can't park along I-15.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Thanks for the info. I'll try to research it.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

That is soooo cool! I would do it.
Gene

Post by Gene »

Great video, going someplace I'd be happy to visit after just a few thousand more years of erosion. ?

Some really interesting erosion patterns.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

"As of May 2022, the popular swimming hole, “Little Jamaica,” near Littlefield, Arizona is no more. The ADOT has closed-off access to the area below where the man-made swimming hole was located and it appears the swimming hole has been dismantled based on our view across the river."

https://southwestexplorers.com/little-j ... %20this%3F
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

That sucks. Thanks for looking that up.
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Nice, creepy vibe music. I'm afraid I'd get my butt stuck in the butt crack. Nice editing, too. Thanks for sharing.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

I'm not sure how you could be rescued if you got stuck in there. There's one point where it's so narrow you can't turn your head around.
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

CrazyHermit wrote: I'm not sure how you could be rescued if you got stuck in there. There's one point where it's so narrow you can't turn your head around.
I suppose if you're stuck there for a number of days you'll get a little thinner.
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda