Climate Change

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
Lesycont

Post by Lesycont »

Hey there! I just discovred this thread and your post and found it interesting. You make a good point about the fluctuations in Earth's temperature over its 4.5 billion-year history. It's definitely a complex issue, and I think it's important for people to be informed about it. If you're interested, I found a cool tool on Carbonclick that calculates your personal carbon footprint. It's a great way to get a sense of how our individual actions impact the environment. Do you know of any other resources on this topic that you'd recommend? As a newcomer to this forum, I'm always looking to learn more!
Taco

Post by Taco »

Will humans infect other celestial bodies before they wipe themselves out on Earth?
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Taco wrote: Will humans infect other celestial bodies before they wipe themselves out on Earth?
Yes. It's what we do best. Lay waste to what's in front of us. Basic human nature. Don't fight it...embrace it. Like a cold beer.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Well in all fairness it's not a uniquely human trait. We fancy apes just do it 'big style' since we use tools and shit.

That's my big winner question of life though, which comes first: human initiated extinction (or mass depopulation), or the whole let's go fuck Europa up or whatever. I do wanna see space in person. Good thing it's so fucken big or there'd be trash everywhere.

I can rant in many directions. It's quite fun.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Taco wrote: Well in all fairness it's not a uniquely human trait. We fancy apes just do it 'big style' since we use tools and shit.

That's my big winner question of life though, which comes first: human initiated extinction (or mass depopulation), or the whole let's go fuck Europa up or whatever. I do wanna see space in person. Good thing it's so fucken big or there'd be trash everywhere.

I can rant in many directions. It's quite fun.
I met a guy who is on loan from from the British military to the Space Force at Vandenburg. He's working on cataloguing/tracking space trash/junk. If I end up going into space, I want him to approve of the trajectory.
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

Taco wrote: I can rant in many directions. It's quite fun.
That is a valuable skill to have!
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda