Revisiting The Red White & Blue Mine

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Here's a short test video made from stills I took at the Red White and Blue Mine last weekend. I took a prospector friend up there to help me clean all the trash out of the inside, and there was lots.

The full version with a history of the mine should come out later this year.

CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Took the old one down. Here's the finished version.

carl swindle

Post by carl swindle »

I stopped by the mine too earlier today. It was really nice inside. The water felt great!
IMG_2049.jpeg
IMG_2053.jpeg
IMG_2100.jpeg
IMG_2104.jpeg
dima

Post by dima »

I think I know where it is. Worth visiting? Cave pearls?
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Fun mine video. Wow, that was a lot of trash you guys cleaned out. Gutsy to go into some of these mines.
carl swindle

Post by carl swindle »

dima wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:30 am I think I know where it is. Worth visiting? Cave pearls?
It's definitely worth visiting, and is probably one of my favorites I've been to in the area, although the Kelsey mine was pretty incredible too. It wasn't too hard to figure out where it was by watching a few videos on Youtube and looking at the other side of the canyon, but I don't really want to post GPS coordinates. There were quite a few nettles right at the entrance, which I cut down, but could have grown back to some extent given how much water is there just so you're aware.
dima

Post by dima »

Neat! I'll put it on the "do-that-sometime-in-the-uncertain-future-if-Im-in-the-area" list.