best.lion.ever.

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Took three weeks, but he came through again. This is the place where I got the nice B&W still pics of this cougar - just moved the camera to a different tree. I'll wait three more weeks, see if he keeps a regular schedule!!

Oh, and he came through at 1:00pm (Oct 30th)....very weird...must not have read the research that says he should be asleep all day.

Taco

Post by Taco »

Totally sweet.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

pretty amazing. 8)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Dood! That is frickin' cool! Full color, pretty good clarity, and he turns so you get a really good look at him as he drinks. Nice job, bro! Awesome!

What size do you think he is? I couldn't get a sense of his size from the photos.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Hikin_Jim wrote: What size do you think he is?
I think this one is pretty small - might be a young one. I'm trying to find a shot with a person in it for reference, but I don't think I have anything good. But just from being there, I'd guess he's about knee high, maybe 100 pounds, tops?

Can't believe he just stops and poses like a supermodel for the camera!!

Photobucket compresses the video - I wish you guys could see the full resolution of it. You can see the muscles in its shoulders!
Bill

Post by Bill »

Hikin_Jim wrote:Dood! That is frickin' cool! Full color, pretty good clarity, and he turns so you get a really good look at him as he drinks. Nice job, bro! Awesome!

What size do you think he is? I couldn't get a sense of his size from the photos.
Cool! 8) I especially like the ending where it appears to be stalking! :shock:
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

cougarmagic wrote:Photobucket compresses the video - I wish you guys could see the full resolution of it. You can see the muscles in its shoulders!
I wonder if YouTube or DailyMotion or anything like that would let you have a higher resolution?
kgw

Post by kgw »

Keep 'em comin'! Great work, cougarMagic. 8)
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

DamOTclese wrote:This is great! Is it posted to YouTube?
Not yet - maybe I can do that tonight.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

That footage is fantastic. I want to see a lion in the wild (I think).