Are the San Gabriel Mountains haunted?

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
Rich_LA

Post by Rich_LA »

me and my girlfriend took the east fork continued our way up till we got to a bridge we parked and took a walk in the canyons i was taking pictures of the area we continued deeper on the hike we were both the only ones up there that day due to an ugly day. i continued taking pictures we came across a stream when i began to hear a conversation going on i looked around and still i saw noone around. my girlfriend heard voices that sounded to that of a woman we stuck together we continued talking we took a break and sat on some rocks by the stream next thing you know trees from both sides of us began to fall and we both ran as fast as we can to the main road we dont know what it was the whole time i felt i was being watched. few weeks later we had a family camp out in the canyons we all seen these wierd lights over the canyons they would blink change colors from a bright white to a dim orange light then began to grow bright and disapear 10min later we saw the lights moving up and down rapidly then stay still and a second light appeared right next to it and they both vanished
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

The shit you say!
ur2slo

Post by ur2slo »

HikeUp wrote: The shit you say!

rflmao............

Sean

Post by Sean »

Rich_LA wrote: we dont know what it was the whole time i felt i was being watched.
it was the grammar police theyre comin to git u
EBruddah

Post by EBruddah »

How about the "Majors Family" at Crystal Lake... That has almost all been forgotten!

http://www.crystallake.name/stories/haunting.htm
Taco

Post by Taco »

I farted once and heard an echo. Some ghosts fart.
EBruddah

Post by EBruddah »

Yes, I believe those are the ghosts of the long extinct San Gabriel Mountain Barking Spider. I believe they are most prominent after a Chili boat from Crystal Lake Cafe... :lol:
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Troll bump.

Suck it kimbjon.
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

bump
71scout2

Post by 71scout2 »

I've heard the talking creek on several occasions in between Cascade and Spruce Grove in SAC while hiking over the years. Always like parts of a distant conversation that you just can't quite make out. Interesting but I'd always thought it was a natural phenomenon, like an audio version of pareidolia... Then last month at Valley Forge it was pretty surreal, my tent was very close to the water, about 20 - 25 feet, (in the western most site), which was running strong from all the rain. It was so cold and I packed just a little too light of a bag, so I could barely sleep for most of the night. For much of that time, on and off, I could hear these same distant conversations like before, but this time they were much louder, and there was also music playing, like old time piano. It sounded like people having a good time. I kept thinking I was about to be able to hear what they were saying, which probably made it even harder to sleep.

Also, while I'm on Valley Forge, I always feel like I'm being watched when I'm in the sites nearby that footbridge that crosses the the creek that comes in from the north out of the intersecting canyon and meets the West Fork. It's very strange, don't feel that anywhere else like that in the forest that I can think of. Not enough to keep me away, still down there at least several times a year, just kinda weird.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

71scout2 wrote: like an audio version of pareidolia
I love this analogy! I see lots of things, but neve thought to describe what i hear with the word "pareidolia".

I have only heard that word used in context of seeing things on coins (in terms of numismatics).
71scout2

Post by 71scout2 »

To me it makes sense, your ears trying to decode something that might be in a similar range to speech, or your ears trying to overcome a constant static sound (rushing water) to hear something beyond it and make sense of it... Something along those lines. It almost strikes me as a survival sense instinct to know what's going on in the environment around you. This last time a month ago I was awake enough to get the idea to try and think I could change or alter in some way the music I was hearing that accompanied the distant voices chattering, thinking that would prove to me that it was all in my imagination (or pareidolia like), I could not make it change, but I still think it's some kind of natural phenomenon in which your brain is trying to decode something into something it's not.
Sean

Post by Sean »

71scout2 wrote:...I could hear these same distant conversations like before, but this time they were much louder, and there was also music playing, like old time piano. It sounded like people having a good time.
Ernest and Cherie Devore ran the Valley Forge Lodge there in the 1920s and '30s. On the weekends they would have music and dancing.

Perhaps you camped near an opening in the spacetime fabric of the universe and heard sounds from the historic Valley Forge Lodge, which still exists in an alternate dimension of reality.
71scout2

Post by 71scout2 »

Had I known I would have gone in and warmed up by the fire!
71scout2

Post by 71scout2 »

By location If the creek bed is generally still the same it looks like my tent woulda been set up inside the building;) cue the twilight zone music!
IMG_7958.PNG
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Follows Camp looks even creepier.
And Sedley Peck, who owned it after Ralph Follows was killed in an auto accident on New Years Eve shot himself in the head, no suicide note was left.