The Anything Goes Thread

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Here be a few funny videos...

For those of us who played Star Wars on old-school Nintendo (8bit):

Fucking hilarious... if you're familiar with drifting, AE86 Corollas, you'll like this...

Fucking hilarious clip with Marcus Gronholm. His codriver Timo had an accident.

Jingle Cats: White Christmas in Hell
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

you been taking pcp lately? :lol:
Taco

Post by Taco »

The cats one reminds me of some fucked up dreams I've had in the hospital. One of those fever dreams where you wake up soaking wet with sweat. I once imagined little helicopters flying around my bed.

Oh, the things healthy people miss.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Awesome driving by Simon Jean-Joseph. Somewhat old school tarmac rally stage in an Impreza:

Through his driving, one can see the same passion most, if not all of us pursue in life through whatever medium we choose (like climbing or tough hiking). Beautiful.
norma r

Post by norma r »

Taco, seems anytime i see something about cars (or guns!) i think of you. don't know if you seen this, but i was thinking maybe you should go American and shop for a Mercury Comet! :wink:

Taco

Post by Taco »

I remember seeing that a while ago. I love it! <3

Thanks Norma!
Taco

Post by Taco »

FWIW, beware of nails on Glendora Mountain Road. I picked one up on a turn a bit before Newman Point (south half of the road), and found a few in the middle of the road. They appear to be for carpentry, if that means anything.

I didn't know how quickly and efficiently I could change a tire until now. The training has paid off.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

norma r

Post by norma r »

i heard the kid is in critical condition. now i see why he lived on that last slow mo. he hit the overpass with the back of his car when it spun around. freakin' insane.
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

TacoDelRio wrote:...if you're familiar with drifting, AE86 Corollas...
3-rotor Mazda in AE86 - QUICK!!! (wacky Japanese video)...
Taco

Post by Taco »

I love that video. 20B's are pure nuts. Nothing like a 2 liter turbo engine on low boost producing 500 some lb/ft of torque.
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

20b boat vs V8...
Taco

Post by Taco »

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA comedy!
Taco

Post by Taco »

The Finns are doing well in their Toyota Starlet Eradication Campaign:
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Yeah, I watched all 15 minutes of that. Seems they are pretty good at eradicating a few Finns as well! And trees.
Zach

Post by Zach »

What's with the spectators always making a mad dash towards the car before it has even come to a complete stop?
Taco

Post by Taco »

Zach wrote:What's with the spectators always making a mad dash towards the car before it has even come to a complete stop?
Reckon it's to help extraterate the driver and codriver before it can go up in flames.
Johnny Bronson

Post by Johnny Bronson »

TacoDelRio wrote:
Zach wrote:What's with the spectators always making a mad dash towards the car before it has even come to a complete stop?
Reckon it's to help extraterate the driver and codriver before it can go up in flames.
bingo. lol

You're on a top,you're a best!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Wingsuits = awesome. (and what a way to go if you crash)

HJ
Taco

Post by Taco »

LOL

Nice flight as well.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

TacoDelRio wrote:LOL

Nice flight as well.
Dude! I got it! Screw two days of going down the Fishy Fork. Grab you a wing suit and fly in! Heck yea! Then all you have to do is walk the gear out. Um, well, right after you figure out a way to land that is. :shock:

HJ
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

Zach

Post by Zach »

Taco

Post by Taco »

That jet boat video is fuckin NUTS!!!!!!
Taco

Post by Taco »

Ari Vatanen - Manx Rally '83

This video is perfect for this discussion, as it's simple and shows some true driving.

This video goes in sharp contrast to today's videos. It's very popular for "driving" videos today to have expensive, flashy cars, subpar or uninteresting driving, and excellent editing and camerawork. People surround themselves with "coolness" and technology to make up for a lack of understanding the true pursuit of driving, and of climbing. The newest gear, the fastest or most expensive bit of kit, and all that. People get away from "the drive". I've seen so many fancy videos where a driver is cruising, but the editing is done in such a way that so many people see it as being amazing. No amount of editing work and fancy stuff can mask driving that's uninspiring, flacid, tepid, and empty.

I don't expect many mountain goers to understand me on this. Most mountain folks I've spoken with do not understand why people ride bikes on the various roads, or what makes driving or riding "fun" or "interesting". Some people say it's "for the adrenaline rush", which I think is kind of insulting. Oh well, bollocks for them.

The same goes for alpinism. So many people surround themselves with the most expensive pieces of gear, and then they do the same damn climbs up uninteresting terrain that doesn't truly challenge them. Worst of all, it's unimaginative.

I don't think most people know why they do any of this sort of stuff. Chasing empty lists of peaks or cars or anything. Buying guns and guns and guns only to find out they don't even know how to truly use a single one. Modifying their car with go fast bits only to park it and rev really loud, without knowing how to truly drive it at the limit, without even coming close to understanding even the slightest bit of Zen that is truly driving. Buying fancy gear without knowing how to push their mind to accept what they are truly capable of, and what life truly is. It's like building an amazing church, yet never going inside or reading a bible.

Not a rant, just some thoughts. I rarely speak my true thoughts, partly because I can't put them into words. It will never translate properly. Maybe some will understand, not that others understanding is essential. Cheers.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

you're a freaking nutcase

just kidding. good stuff
Taco

Post by Taco »

Speaking of complete nutcases, I have some "findings" regarding a mutual acquaintance of ours who must've lost his genitalia in a fire or something. I'll explain some other time.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

TacoDelRio wrote:Speaking of complete nutcases, I have some "findings" regarding a mutual acquaintance of ours who must've lost his genitalia in a fire or something. I'll explain some other time.
LOL. cc me! :lol:
Taco

Post by Taco »

HikeUp wrote:
TacoDelRio wrote:Speaking of complete nutcases, I have some "findings" regarding a mutual acquaintance of ours who must've lost his genitalia in a fire or something. I'll explain some other time.
LOL. cc me! :lol:
This isn't the annoying guy, but a different guy, a weirder one. :lol: