VIDEOS - Post or link to videos!

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Travis

Post by Travis »

Allison Gulch Canyoneering Videos

Video of Tom and Augie Rappelling Allison Gulch

Video of Travis Rappelling (just rotate your head 90 degrees)
Taco

Post by Taco »

I'm still jealous. 8)
Taco

Post by Taco »

This site has excellent videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mikebarter387

Mostly revolving around ice climbing, etc, as the folks there are from Banff.
Augie

Post by Augie »

Travis,

I just saw the videos. I hadn't realized you took such extensive footage. Cool. We have to get another canyon in as soon as we can.
graham

Post by graham »

Here's an animated GIF of Marty foot glissading at the bottom of the Baldy Bowl on 1-20-08

Taco

Post by Taco »

Pretty cool!
hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

Found this on The Portal Store Message Board:

http://revver.com/video/310519/a-dozen-more-turns/
Taco

Post by Taco »

Excellent, and sad video.

I did not know Doug Chabot was an Avalanche Investigator Guy.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Frickin' brutal

However, with this film, Blake Morstad did not die in vain. It's a fitting tribute; he continues to advance his life's work -- avalanche saftey even after his tragic passing.

Hey, you ice pirates, be careful out there.
Taco

Post by Taco »

You aint kidding, Jim. This is ridge-week. Fatal Funnel in a non-tactical situation, if you will.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Youtube won't work for me anymore, I haven't a clue why. Support was of zero help. Gave up and am using Google vijja now.

Boulderdash: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8540&hl=en
Augie

Post by Augie »

Nice video Ryan.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Thanks Augie! More on the way.
Travis

Post by Travis »

Nice video, looks like a cool route. keep them comming.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Hardwood, Stockton Flats to Devils Backbone: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0587&hl=en

Mixed Climbing Search on Sugarloaf's North Face: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3619&hl=en

Lots of myself jabbering on in the Sugarloaf video. COuple nice areas that would support a fun short day climb, and some cool mixed climbing, if it got cold enough.

Loading some more tonight.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Just in time for summer?

Heres a longer size random stitch of the West Fork Bear Creek and triplet creek..
http://tinyurl.com/47bbay

One of my favorite pools....
http://tinyurl.com/3o36cs
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

I got this message when I followed the link:
IMPORTANT! Photobucket.com problem read here:
Last night Photobucket.com DNS at register.com was hacked by malicious people that are trying to compromise our business!
We are in no way affiliated with such bad deeds and cooperate with photobucket in capturing these individuals.
They have pointed the domain photobucket.com to an account hosted on our systems!
We have blocked that and photobucked techs have restored the domain pointing to its original location!
ALL account information and pictures on photobucket.com are OK, please have patience!
Unfortunately the complete DNS replication usually takes 24-48 hours and during this time caches DNS records might still point to us!
The normal operation of Photobucket is restored and as soon as the replication is complete there should be no further such issues!
We would like to emphasize that we are in now way responsible for what happens with photobucket and all users bumping across our systems!
We are a legitimate web hosting company operating since 2003 and in no way tolerate such hacking attempts!
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at abuse@zettahost.com!
Thanks for your patience and understanding!
I guess I'll have to wait a while to see these. :(
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Post by 406 »

That water looks nice! Taken with a helmet cam? I need to explore some of those places...even have a retired climbing rope that I have been saving.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

That's not the issue. The URL is fine. Photobucket itself is down. Give it another day or so and it will be up.

Post by 406 »

^^^ I could see them at Thu Jun 19 16:06:53 PDT 2008
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

I can see them now too. (Very cool by the way)

From what the service provider's message said, it was a DNS (Domain Names Server) issue due to hacker attack. Once fixed, the corrected DNS entries take time to propagate/replicate accross a TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) network to the various DNS's. The DNS's route your IP (Internet Protocol) packets (when you click on a link you're generally generating an IP packet) to the correct website by translating the text address, e.g. www.myfreeforum.org (this forum), to a numeric IP address (www.myfreeforum.org = 64.38.5.254). If the DNS entries are screwed up, the Domain Name Server cannot translate www.myfreeforum.org to 64.38.5.254 and your request gets misrouted or sent off into internet never-never land. Apparently the DNS entries have been properly replicated, and things are back up.

Now weren't you just dying to know all that? :lol: Sorry, it's kind of what I do for a living. I suppose it's possible that not everyone would automatically know what it was that I was driving at with the way I said it. :oops:

You mean you don't understand the basic flow of a TCP/IP based internet? Like, how do you live? :lol: :lol: Yes, as a matter of fact I do live in my own little world (now you know why I want to get outdoors, to get the heck out of this little prison cell that they call a cubicle!!).

Dilbertly yours,

HJ
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Just holding a camera by hand......
Taco

Post by Taco »

Gotta go back up there, really nice!
simonov

Post by simonov »

. . . is like YouTube for grown-ups.

I just got an account. Once I work out this groups and channels stuff, I'm probably going to set up a channel (or a group) for SoCal climbing and mountaineering.

Here is my account, and an old video I uploaded:
Nunc est bibendum
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

:shock: white out conditions?
hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

Cool videos
simonov

Post by simonov »

FIGHT ON wrote::shock: white out conditions?
Yup!
Nunc est bibendum
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

simonov wrote:
FIGHT ON wrote::shock: white out conditions?
Yup!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9219186063
Never saw that! They were lucky it wasn't real windy while in the bowl part. I freaked out when there was wind like that w/o snow, on the trail! Can't image being near the top of the bowl in windy snow like that. no thanks!
Tim

Post by Tim »

Vimeo is pretty cool. A lot of independent filmmaker types use because it can show 720P HD video. Another cool thing is you can download the person's original high quality video file down at the lower right corner of each page. On Youtube you have to go through all sorts of monkey motion to get the flash file and then convert it to something you can edit with.