Panorama trail on a sunny clear day

Archived TRs for Sierra Nevada ranges.
everyday

Post by everyday »

its wasnt all thunderstormy today on my run, so i could see stuff this time. i did another 15 miles on the 4 mile trail to panorama to jmt, again. the JMT was cool cause there"d been a big land/rock slide. so i had to spend some time getting down it and helping some tourists find the way. the trail was totally gone by panorama wall down to just befor the mist junction, . covered in feet-deep dirt, rocks, broken trees...the side of the mountain slid down a couple hundered feet, no pics of it, i was just trying to get through and off that area asap as some smaller rocks were still falling occasionally.

heres pics of more peaceful stuff (only a couple though, cause i only stopped twice (my priority is running, not photography :)

Sentinel Rock

Nevada Falls

nevada and Vernal

Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Nice stuff. Hope Melvinator wasn't scared by all the rocks. :)

HJ
everyday

Post by everyday »

Melvinator was good! hes got a mini safety-harness Taco made for him and i clip it to a loop by the side pocket so he cant fall out even if I fall.

also, for anyone who may be visiting the area, that trail is now posted as "Closed Indefinitely" by the NPS as of this morning. its gonna take LOTS of work to re-do it apparently. you can still go to Nevada falls though via the Mist trail as that part was unaffected. But the JMT from Nevada Falls to the Mist trail junction is closed.