Lost All Of My Gear in A Fire

Clothes, tools, technology, nutrition, training, techniques, etc.
robnokshus

Post by robnokshus »

On June 20th this year our garage, and everything in it, burned to the ground. In just a few short minutes, 30+ years of camping, fishing and assorted recreational gear went up in flames. Everyone was fine, but we didn't have insurance.

I am bummed that the backpack I had finally dialed-in is gone, but grateful that all of our day hiking gear; packs, poles, bladders and filter, were in the house and survived. Silver Linings.

I know I won't be able to replace everything we lost, but I do want to start picking up some gear. Tents, sleeping bags, stoves, you name it, I'm looking for it. If you have some gear you're looking to get rid of for a good price, let me know. Also, any outlets or sales I should know about would be greatly appreciated. (The REI used gear sale is one I know about).

Thanks!
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Bummer rob. I've picked some stuff up from steepandcheap.com at pretty reasonable prices-couple of tents, trail runners, Camelback, pack. Happy with all of it as well as the customer service. It used to be just one deal at a time but they've added a gear cache to the site so there's a lot more stuff available. There's a bunch of clothes, sunglasses, and things of that nature, but there are some gems there. Worth a look every few days.
yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

wow what a bummer :shock: I hope you can get things cheap and in quick time.
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

So sorry to hear about the fire. I'll look through my gear closet and see what I can part with. I'm in Burbank also so it shouldn't be too far of a drive for you.
mangus7175

Post by mangus7175 »

So sorry to hear about the fire. I'll look through my gear closet and see what I can part with. I'm in Burbank also so it shouldn't be too far of a drive for you.