Six Hiking/Backpacking Loops in the San Gorgonio Wilderness

Discuss SoCal ranges other than the San Gabriels.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

So, I've completed my map upgrades for my Six Hiking/Backpacking Loops in the San Gorgonio Wilderness. I've got much clearer maps, and I've added a lot of water source information. I've given each water source from one to five stars, depending on how reliable it is.

And if this post seems familiar, you're not going crazy. :) I originally billed this as a backpacking post, but I've re-titled it. A lot of guys here are plenty fast enough to do those loops as day hikes. Just because I'm slow and need to stay out overnight doesn't mean everyone else is. :lol:

Anyway, have a look and let me know what you think of the overhaul.

HJ
outwhere

Post by outwhere »

Such an incredible/detailed amount information here Hikin' Jim! A+++ job putting this altogether... Gonna send this link/info over to my nephew... a friend of his took him up to that general area last year and he loved it... maybe loops are next in order :)
longcut

Post by longcut »

Top notch write up Jim! This will be a go-to for me as I try to explore the area more fully in the coming season. thanks!!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

outwhere wrote: Such an incredible/detailed amount information here Hikin' Jim! A+++ job putting this altogether... Gonna send this link/info over to my nephew... a friend of his took him up to that general area last year and he loved it... maybe loops are next in order :)
Thanks. It's all stuff I like to know. I've compiled it over the years as I've done various hikes in the area. I figured it might be helpful info if shared.

If nothing else, it gives people an "idea generator."

HJ
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

longcut wrote: Top notch write up Jim!
Thanks, Adan. (Did I remember your name correctly?)
longcut wrote: This will be a go-to for me as I try to explore the area more fully in the coming season. thanks!!
Cool. 8) A fast guy like you ought to be able to do some of those as day hikes.

HJ
mcphersonm80

Post by mcphersonm80 »

AWESOME info, HJ. Thanks!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

mcphersonm80 wrote: AWESOME info, HJ. Thanks!
You're welcome. Now post some TR's on those routes. Poke "holes" in my post and let me know what you find so I can improve things.

HJ