Lost & Found

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

OFFICIAL LOST AND FOUND THREAD

Post item, when and where found, with picture, etc.

If you lost a set of keys on Strawberry Peak recently, please contact Tom Hill, tomlyns@earthlink.net
MikeSash

Post by MikeSash »

Found it on the exit trail Saturday

PM me
Taco

Post by Taco »

OFFICIAL LOST AND FOUND THREAD

Post item, when and where found, with picture, etc.

Red Fleece Beany
Found it Friday January 11 2008 at 10 am, at the Icehouse Canyon Trailhead. Picked it up and brought it home after seeing it further up the trail on a rock with nobody nearby around 3pm.

No markings aside from a tag with some manufacturing info on it, on the inside.
Taco

Post by Taco »

1x Black Diamond Trekking Pole, well used, tons of scratches. Found at the beginning of the Ski Hut Trail on Baldy on 20080203 (FEB 3, 2008) around 0730 (7:30AM). Has both the standard and powder baskets. Powder basket is not installed in this photo.

Taco

Post by Taco »

Found a Yaktrax thing near the summit of Iron Mountian 8007. Mid-February 2008.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

TacoDelRio wrote:Found a Yaktrax thing near the summit of Iron Mountian 8007. Mid-February 2008.
OMG. That means the yak is running around loose on Iron Mountain. Until the cougars get him, that is.
Travis

Post by Travis »

I lost my sanity some time ago. I have been searching for it for several years, figuring it made it to the top of a mountain in California. To date my search has not found my sanity, however the search itself seems to help me find bits and pieces of stuff that helps fill the void where my sanity was once located. And in fact I can actually pass as a sane person today :)
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Hey Travis? How long do you expect to be on top of that stone holding up your Avatar photo. Don't your arms ever get tired?
Taco

Post by Taco »

Found a Laidlaw Jacket (windbreaker, no insulation) on a reflector post on Glendora Mountain Road, just South of where East Fork turns into GMR.

BTW, road is open just dandy to the saddle with GRR as of 20080507.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

I found a piece of rope right on the trail just past Orchard Camp. Taco? What do we do with this stuff? Could be considered trash but you never know. I was gonna leave it there so the owner that dropped it there could pick it up but since it looked kinda like trash I wanted to make the trail cleaner. If someone recognizes it you will need to prove you are the owner before it is released. I will hold for 30 days and if nobody claims it I will either use it for my gators (sometimes the loop of string breaks off the bottom) ,put it back, give it to the rope climbers on this board and you can divide it up, or just throw it away. Time starts now.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Looks like something from Home Depot. Have at it, it's basically garbage.

***ALSO, found an MPIO 256MB MP3 player near Telegraph Peak the other week. Lots of Chinese music on it.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

TacoDelRio wrote: Lots of Chinese music on it.
Can you post the music?
Taco

Post by Taco »

:?:
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Like simonov did.
Taco

Post by Taco »

All of the MP3's are in four-letter "codes", suggesting they had some wierd method of organisation, or they don't speak English. Lots of rap and raggaeton under "Tupac", and all the CHinese was in... Chinese. 8)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

It's definitely yours, FIGHT ON. No need for Taco to post it. :lol: :lol:
Taco

Post by Taco »

Fight On has strange musical tastes.
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

ok, ok, I admit planting it up there. :oops: :roll:. just wanted a little drama. try to stir things up a bit. next thing won't be so ez to figure out! You'll see!
135driver

Post by 135driver »

Chinese music on the rarely climbed icehouse trail, it doesn't make sense. Hmmm, oh well.

K
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

We hiked Telegraph Peak today, Saturday, August 9. There was a note at the start of the spur trail going to Telegraph's summit that a set of keys was found.
The note said that they were left at the lift office at the bottom of the lift. If these are yours, that is where they are.

FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

They will be happy when they find them. :D
Great that there are honest people around. :D
Is there a lost and found at like the visitor center?
FIGHT ON

Post by FIGHT ON »

Found it last Saturday on the PCT in Cloud Burst Canyon.
Elwood

Post by Elwood »

No memory card, no incriminating or identifying pictures
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Where does Taco want us to post items we found on the trail?

I found two items on Saturday going up Baldy - One Crampon, One Knife.

If you think they are yours describe them to me and I will get them to you.

Thanks

Lilbitmo :D
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Theres a lost and found "sticky" in this forum. Duh!!! :lol:

Actually, I think it better to post new post with title that states "Date", "location", and either "lost" or "found". I think this would be more noticable.

Thats just MHO!!!1 :wink:
Taco

Post by Taco »

/\
|
|
What he said.
CERBADEATH

Post by CERBADEATH »

I also found one crampon. Sunday on the DBB. I clipped it to a carabiner on my pack and asked around but nobody claimed it. About 2 hours later it seemed to have disappeared off my pack. Lilbitmo was it half strap half clip kind?
Norris

Post by Norris »

I found an REI glove (left) on the road on the way back down. Sorry for the late post, I forgot all about it. Post a reply with description and I'll drop it in the mail to you
lugsole

Post by lugsole »

I found a Camera on Mt Baldy on Friday April 3, 2009 on the trail above the ski hut. I believe the last name of the owner is Brown and owns a Triumph motorcycle. Contact me with details of the camera and contents to arrange for its return.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Found a pair of hiking poles outside the Pit Toliet at the Bancroft Research Station on White Mountian Saturday night at Dusk. If these are yours contact me at pmoran1@earthlink.net.

Thanks

Lilbitmo :D