Lost & Found

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

lilbitmo wrote:Found a pair of hiking poles outside the Pit Toliet at the Bancroft Research Station on White Mountian Saturday night at Dusk. If these are yours contact me at pmoran1@earthlink.net.
Glad you didn't find them in the pit toilet. :lol: :lol:

Seriously, have you posted this on Summitpost? That might be a good spot to post since SGMDF is for the local area.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Not on Summit Post but on Whitney Portal Store, not a member of Summit Post, point me in the right direction and I will be glad to do so.

Thanks Jim :D
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Thanks HJ, just ask those folks what's the best way to post over there to reach the maximum amount of hikers, to see if I can get those in the hands of the person they belong to?

:D
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

I would register first, and then post it under the "California" section. That's where I always go to get my info.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

That part (registering) was already done when I made the last comment.

I posted a note asking the "bloggers" over there what the widest post would be, but if you think California section will cover it, I'm fine with that.

Can you send me the direct link to that on a "PM".

taktical

Post by taktical »

I found a pair of black sunglasses on the summit of Mt. Baldy this past Wednesday, 11/11. Please respond to this message if the sunglasses are yours.
hamik

Post by hamik »

Left a black, OR paclite upper shell at or around the ski hut yesterday. Couldja let me know if you have it?

Thanks!
GigaMike

Post by GigaMike »

Hey Hamik, it was good meeting you yesterday. I didn't see your upper shell, but I did find a Cal Tech Ice Axe on the trail just below the Ski Hut. I stuck it in the snow next to the trail where I found it.
Solo1

Post by Solo1 »

Anyone?...
RickF

Post by RickF »

My friend lost a 180 cm K2 Shuksan ski with at Dynafit Vertical TLT binding somewhere near the summit of Baldy. On March 7th we were seperated in a windy, white-out. While trying to navigate and get his bearings one ski got away and disappeared down-slope into the abyss of the white-out. My friend was disoriented at the time so we don't know too much about which direction he was headed at the time his ski came off.

You may have read about our experience on the trip report page. My friend, referred to as "missing skier" was found safe but one of his skis is still missing.

A few friends are headed back up on March 28 to look for the ski. If anyone knows details about the location where the helicopter picked my friend up at please let me know. It will help us narrow our search area.

Thanks,
Rick F., the "other skier"
James

Post by James »

On the ski hut trail, most likely below the ski hut. Black Oakley sunglasses.
Thanks.
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

I never hikewithout em if i lost my flaks would be going ape s*** as well
TracieB

Post by TracieB »

Bummer. Hope they turn up, James.
James

Post by James »

Thanks. Why I had them hanging on my shirt collar and not on my head is beyond me. 8)

Meant to post this in the Lost and Found thread but pressed new topic by mistake.
Taco

Post by Taco »

I think we'll leave this one as a thread on its own, hoping it'll gain more visits.
jimqpublic

Post by jimqpublic »

Last Friday 3/19 I think that I left a Thermos outside the Ski Hut. It was a short, wide mouth model designed for about 16 oz of soup. Stainless sides with black plastic lid. Wrapped in a white tube sock.

Please PM to tell me how to stop losing things, or better yet if you have my Thermos.

Actually not mine at all- I swiped it from my 3rd grader's lunch box.

EDIT: DOH! It was in the car (Don't ask...)
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Anyone find a "Nikon Point and Shoot Camera" on the bowl or at the rocks below it, I know who it belongs to. :evil:

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon ... -S220.html

Long story short it came out of jacket pocket that got caught on it's own zipper at the top of the bowl just before topping out. It bounced all the way down the face into the shaded portion at the bottom where I could not make out which way it went - it was 6:45 AM and the sun had not completely come over Cucamonga, Bighorn or Harwood.

Send me a private message if you found it, thanks.
Lilbitmo - little bit less equipment :evil:
Liz

Post by Liz »

Hi!

Please let me know if you lost a camera on Big Iron on Saturday, May 22. If so, please tell me some details about it. My group found it and we have it!

Cheers!
Liz
taktical

Post by taktical »

Liz wrote:Hi!

Please let me know if you lost a camera on Big Iron on Saturday, May 22. If so, please tell me some details about it. My group found it and we have it!

Cheers!
Liz
This doesn't help since I don't have his contact info, but the guy who lost his camera was hiking with his friend from UK. I told him to check this forum and hopefully he does.

Btw, it was nice bumping into you on my descent.
Tak
Bagpiper799

Post by Bagpiper799 »

Hi Tak,

Thanks so much for letting me know about this forum. I contacted Liz and all is good now concerning the camera. Thank god for the internet!

-Scott
GigaMike

Post by GigaMike »

On July 4th, I was heading down the Devil's Backbone trail and my SPOT fell off my pack around 10am. Someone picked it up about 10 minutes later and took it to the summit and then turned it off. I called the Mt. Baldy Visitor Center with no luck so far.

It's a SPOT 2, color orange and in the original leather holster.

If you happened to find it, please email me or call SPOT and report it lost.

Thanks!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Ouch. Best of luck in getting it back.

If you haven't already reported it lost, you might consider doing so. If the finder tries to use it, re-register it, etc. the SPOT folks can be on the alert.

Hopefully the finder just has been too busy to get in touch with SPOT and will do so after the holiday.

HJ
GigaMike

Post by GigaMike »

Yeah, I already called SPOT and had the unit suspended.

Thanks, Jim.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

hey if they try to use it maybe you can radio us real time coordinates and we can hunt them down. then we can make'em clean the rock debris off the 39...indefinitely. sort of like that Sisyphus guy.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

wrote:hey if they try to use it maybe you can radio us real time coordinates and we can hunt them down. then we can make'em clean the rock debris off the 39...indefinitely. sort of like that Sisyphus guy.
Perfect punishment! Although Forest Supervisor Norion (head person over the Station Fire) is a better candidate.

HJ
JEFFSCOF

Post by JEFFSCOF »

For Shure, Mike we'll give them the Team Hypoxia Beat down!
Sorry to hear about that, that sucks hopefully the people will return it soon.
Did Baldy today didn't see anything or the summit register like you predicted it's already gone.

Jeff
GigaMike

Post by GigaMike »

That's a great idea Ze! Too bad I already called SPOT and suspended the unit...doh!

Well hopefully the person who took it will call SPOT and report it. It's just a orange plastic paperweight anyways :lol:

Thanks, Jeff. Yeah, I didn't see the regisiter on Sunday either.
tinaballina

Post by tinaballina »

Hey giga, any luck yet?
GigaMike

Post by GigaMike »

Hey Tina, no luck. I guess it's someone's paperweight :?