Lost & Found

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Paying someone to take a hike! :D :D :D :lol:
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

I am THAT lazy! :)
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

I once was lost....but now I'm found! (right in my pack where I put them...)

Trailcam keys - high sentimental value!

HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Uberdork.

Glad you found them!
turtle

Post by turtle »

I lost my SPOT device on a trail run in the Chantry Flats area this morning. :cry:

Fortunately, it had first separatred from my body so I did not go missing with it. Alas, it cannot press its own buttons...

It could be anywhere along the Upper Winter Creek, Hoegee's, and Lower Winter Creek trail loop. I also may have dropped it in the lowest tier of the parking lot.

If someone does find it, can you please PM me? Thanks!
everyday

Post by everyday »

Not that I could find it as im so far away....but, whats a spot?
Taco

Post by Taco »

everyday

Post by everyday »

Ohh.
AdventureDoc

Post by AdventureDoc »

Found a wedding ring near Icehouse Canyon on 1/20/12. Describe it, tell me the where you think you lost it and if it fits, it's yours.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

It's a long shot, but whoever lost it might have asked at the visitors center. Perhaps, if you let them know, they could help find the owner.
AdventureDoc

Post by AdventureDoc »

Yeah, I actually let the visitor center know and they did say someone filed along time ago, I think they're still looking for the missing item report.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

AdventureDoc, I thought that your post might be a fancy way to propose to someone. :)
EManBevHills

Post by EManBevHills »

A pair was left near the Manker road intersection on Sunday about 11:00 AM.
They belong to my buddy...
Taco

Post by Taco »

Ty's camera is missing on Baden Powell, in the north gully. If you happen to be there, keep yer eye out for a blue point and shoot camera!!!
longcut

Post by longcut »

I think this shirt belongs to the two bikers I said hi to on the back trails in Bonelli last night. If you lost your Novara windshirt last night let me know. although, it is very nice and light...never mind, disregard this post.
longcut

Post by longcut »

So for me, when a new thread is started, I get An email automatically. I think this is referred to as "following" the forum. however if somebody responds to an existing thread then I'm not notified. So if I post in this thread about the very nice wind shell I found at Bonelli, nobody will ever see it unless they think to read through this thread right? Should I start a new thread or is that frowned upon here for the purposes of Lost and found? This seems like a very nice brand new shell and I would just like to return it. I know when I lost my Patagonia Houdini it hurt pretty bad and I haven't been able to afford one since.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Your call. I made this thread to contain all lost and found things, but the point is to get the gear back to the rightful owner, so do whatever you like. If for example you made a new thread about it and they saw it, contacted you, and got their gear back, I'd close it once everything was taken care of.

:-)
DukeJH

Post by DukeJH »

I lost my SPOT device around Islip Saddle either in the parking lot or on the road toward La Canada Flintridge.

If anyone has found please let me know.

Thanks.
Taco

Post by Taco »

Made this a sticky. Hope you get it back! :)
DukeJH

Post by DukeJH »

Thanks Taco. Here's hoping.
Deb

Post by Deb »

Didn't come across it today. Sorry!
zolgy

Post by zolgy »

Please identify screen saver and I will do my best to get your phone back to you
Muleguy

Post by Muleguy »

Staggered off Ontario Peak in heat. Walked back to ice house, down to Baldy Road next to the sign around the corner in the pullout where I carefully collapsed my poles, laid them in the dirt and drove the heck away.

The problem is always at the car, isn't it? I won't tell you how many times I left the gps on the roof and had to come back down the trail to get it.

If you find them, I'd be happy. They've been all over the world.

If not, I'll go shopping. And I'll still be happy.
:D
Sean

Post by Sean »

There is a use trail that drops steeply into Sharps Canyon from Glendora Ridge Motorway just west of Glendora Mountain Rd. After the trail fades, somewhere beyond the second set of ropes, I lost my blue Samsung PL210 digital camera.
Ellen

Post by Ellen »

Howdy All :)

I had a wonderful hike up Register Ridge to Baldy and down the Bowl. It was fairly clear and I could see the Sierras and ocean. Had the summit to myself from 8:30 AM to 9 AM. Only problem -- left the little orange SPOT guy on the summit and didn't realize this until I was back in Riverside.

If anyone happens to be up there and can retrieve it, I'll pay for return shipping and provide a small reward.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

EColemanRD at aol dot com
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Sorry to hear about your left spot, but how's your right spot? :wink:

Seriously though, did you leave the tracking on? Is it still up top?

HJ
Ellen

Post by Ellen »

Howdy HJ :)

Thanks for the laugh -- I needed one 8) I sent a SPOT check OK message, which came through. It is not in tracking mode and will turn itself off in 12 hours if I recall correctly.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Karen R

Post by Karen R »

To the bald guy in the green shirt hiking with a 20ish woman and man on Cucamonga Peak Saturday morning around 11 AM: I found your camera. PM me and I'll reunite you. Happy Trails!
Teejate

Post by Teejate »

Found some new mountain biking elbow pads on the backside of Mt. Hillyer on Sunday, Jan. 6th.

They are hanging on the sign at the trailhead by the road past Horse Flats Campground.
wiggingout

Post by wiggingout »

My friend lost a small black Canon PowerShot Digital Elph in a small black case at the top or near the top descending towards Jepson Peak saturday May 18th. If you saw it or have it please send me a message Thanks!!