Chocolate Lakes 08/12/16

Archived TRs for Sierra Nevada ranges.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

It has been over a year since I camped out at Chocolate Lakes and attempted Cloud Ripper being unsuccesful I bagged Chocolate Peak instead. This time around it was nice to re-visit the beauty of Chocolate lakes that bring peace and serenity to this crazy world we live in.

As always the Lakes are amazing with their beautiful reflections of the surrounding trees and mountains.

selfie at Long Lake

cute little ducklings

Charlotte's Web

Chocolate Peak inthe background

amazing views

I love ripples in the water

It was so hot I had to take a dip in the water!

sweet bumblebee

Bishop is a great place to visit! Actually any where in the Eastern Sierras is beautiful with it's majestic mountains and lakes.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

We did the Chocolate Lakes loop back in 2006. We lost the trail on the descent to Ruwau Lake and started boulder hopping down. About halfway, I looked to my right and saw a perfectly maintained trail. Where did that come from? It's a great hike in beautiful country. Thanks for the post!
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

RichardK wrote: We did the Chocolate Lakes loop back in 2006. We lost the trail on the descent to Ruwau Lake and started boulder hopping down. About halfway, I looked to my right and saw a perfectly maintained trail. Where did that come from? It's a great hike in beautiful country. Thanks for the post!
I'm sorry to hear you got off trail. The chocolate lakes trail is pretty well maintained but then narrows as you get pass Chocolate Peak. I camped out last year by Chocolate Peak, just beneath Cloud Ripper. We did the loop passed Ruwau Lake and its very beautiful. You should have followed the trail that goes along the lake.

Anyways, glad you made it out alive :)
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

Oh, the boulder hoping was fun and we regained the trail soon enough. We like to take pictures of the same things. Here are a few of mine from 2006. We think alike.

JeffH

Post by JeffH »

I was at Ruwau lake a couple years ago and somehow lost the trail too. I ended up backtracking to Long Lake and then out.
That first view of Long Lake is one of the best in the Sierras. I really like that trail/loop.
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours".
Donald Shimoda