Tapatalk/My Free Forum database migration

Comments & questions about this site.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Tapatalk, the new owners of My Free Forum, are trying to migrate the database to a new platform. You might be experiencing problems accessing the site, or posting.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Looks like they've fixed the posting errors.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Looks like they're trying to fix the automatic notification system now and have created an error. If you try to post a message and get an error about the emailer, your message probably posted to the forum successfully. Please copy your message text and check to see if the post went through before trying again. Otherwise duplicate posts might result.
Sean

Post by Sean »

The forum has now been migrated to the Tapatalk phpBB3 platform. Please let me know of any issues or problems you encounter. Thanks.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

I don't like it. it looks funny and when you try to post pics and a description you have to click on the "place in Line" button
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

This will take some getting used to.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

*head spinning*
dima

Post by dima »

All my posts have lost their pictures. Anybody know who to complain to?
dima

Post by dima »

And this makes me feel not like this is our forum, b ut like we're tenants. Grumble
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

What software is the Mt. San Jacinto board using? It looks more like the old MyFreeForum than tapatalk. If there is a cost, I think contributions could be raised to cover it.
Sean

Post by Sean »

dima wrote: All my posts have lost their pictures. Anybody know who to complain to?
You used HTML tags, right? That might be the issue. HTML tags might be disabled somewhere. I'll look into it. I also posted about this problem on the Support forum in this thread.
Sean

Post by Sean »

RichardK wrote: What software is the Mt. San Jacinto board using? It looks more like the old MyFreeForum than tapatalk. If there is a cost, I think contributions could be raised to cover it.
I believe they migrated to phpBB3, but are hosting the forum themselves and therefore have full control over the design. To do that requires money, skills, and time. All of which we probably have. But let's discuss that concern in the other forum. This topic is for specific problems with the new platform.
Sean

Post by Sean »

girlhiker70 wrote: I don't like it. it looks funny and when you try to post pics and a description you have to click on the "place in Line" button
It takes a little getting used to. But I think the file attaching feature is an improvement on what we had before. You don't have to worry about resizing, for example.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

dima wrote: All my posts have lost their pictures. Anybody know who to complain to?
complain to admin or the big cheese SG
Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico »

Remain calm. All is well.

robnokshus

Post by robnokshus »

So what is to become of the awesome slideshow that you spent so much time and effort on?
Sean

Post by Sean »

robnokshus wrote:So what is to become of the awesome slideshow that you spent so much time and effort on?
I don't know yet. We might have to pay a fee to gain control of the main page design.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

Uncle Rico wrote: Remain calm. All is well.

HAHA!!!
Chicken Legs

Post by Chicken Legs »

I can read all of the posts in the Tapatalk format but when I try to log in using my screen name it says it says the account already exists, when I try to log in using my email it says not recognized.

Not sure what to do from here.
Should my same login info work or do I need to set up a completely new Tapatalk login.?

I can get in on my home PC it must link it together but it wants me to migrate to Tapatalk and I cant get in via mobile.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Chicken Legs wrote:Should my same login info work or do I need to set up a completely new Tapatalk login?
If you're trying to use the Tapatalk app, I think you set up a Tapatalk ID and then look up EisPiraten and log in via the app. The app then stores your login info.

If you're not on the app, but only the mobile platform, then your forum name and password should work. If not, there is a problem we need to fix. PM Dima and me if that is the problem.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Until further notice do not try to edit your posts in the Tapatalk app. Your photo attachments might disappear. They are working on fixing the issue. Thanks.
dima

Post by dima »

It's almost like they don't test their stuff before deploying it.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

I am not happy that all my pictures disappeared after edits. wth??????
Sean

Post by Sean »

Sean wrote: Until further notice do not try to edit your posts in the Tapatalk app. Your photo attachments might disappear. They are working on fixing the issue. Thanks.
This particular bug appears to have been fixed. I think it's safe to edit posts using all versions of the forum, including on the Tapatalk app. Let us know if you experience any problems. And thanks for your patience and understanding in these difficult times.