Carl Foote found deceased hiking San Gabes

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

This was a search for a missing person that didnt get the publicity I would have hoped for since there was no mention of the San Gabriel mountains or Angeles forest. Also, there was no solid connection to the mountains initially...."Foote’s personal belongings, cell phone, wallet, bicycles and vehicle were all left behind at his home in Sierra Madre when he went for a walk."...until 2 days later it was updated that he liked to hike the MtWilson trail and surrounds.

Search teams would find his body 1/2 NE of Jones Peak.
http://sierramadretattler.blogspot.com/ ... -over.html

The cause of death is pending the coroner's report.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

1/2 mile NE of Jones puts him on the crossover trail or there abouts. Waiting for coroner's report.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

I can't find any follow up stories about this incident. Anyone know if they figured out what happened?
Sean

Post by Sean »

No. I haven't seen any follow-up either. According to the latest article, nothing obvious showed up during the autopsy, and foul play is not suspected. They are awaiting test results for further information. I assume that means it was likely a medical condition.

This is a good reminder of how important it is to always take your cellphone with you. Even if you can't reach 911, authorities can often get a sense of where you were going by analyzing cell tower pings.