Anyone in the market for a beater car to leave at sketchy trailheads?

Discuss anything. Possibly NSFW.
headsizeburrito

Post by headsizeburrito »

Since I'm moving I have to do some downsizing, including getting rid of my much loved beater, Scooty Puff. I was hoping to take it with me, but don't actually need two cars in my new location and the monthly parking costs would be too much to be worth it. My prospective buyer fell through and I figured I'd ask here in case anyone is interested.

1995 Subaru Impreza, 180k miles. Not much of a looker (hood dented by previous owner, paint peeling a bit, cool 90s stripe) and the radio doesn't work, but it's in pretty good mechanical shape and has fairly new tires. Surprisingly spacious trunk for stowing gear! Looking for $500.

Here it is at the Lytle Creek trailhead. Maintenance history available on request if anyone is interested. I've put a fair bit of work into it over the last three years so nothing should be imminently falling off/exploding. I'll even throw in a free one day adventure pass! $$$

car.jpg
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

I hope you find a buyer before you leave :)
Taco

Post by Taco »

$500 is a great price. Good luck.
headsizeburrito

Post by headsizeburrito »

After multiple people I had vague connections to via work flaked out even at $500, I posted it on craigslist and sold it the next day for $750. Score!

I'll miss that car though, it's kind of fun to have a beater!