Images not loading in Chrome

Comments & questions about this site.
dima

Post by dima »

{ADMIN: This tech topic has been split from this trip report thread.}

Sean wrote: Thanks for the report! BTW - the images wouldn't load for me in Chrome mobile app. Had to use Firefox.
It works for me on the desktop with both. Can you complain to tapatalk? Their support forum is here: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/
stonehillnews

Post by stonehillnews »

Sean wrote:Thanks for the report! BTW - the images wouldn't load for me in Chrome mobile app. Had to use Firefox.
Potentially due to the fact they are hosted externally and maybe your ad blocker zapped them.
dima

Post by dima »

stonehillnews wrote: Potentially due to the fact they are hosted externally and maybe your ad blocker zapped them.
Oh, it's 100% because they're hosted externally. But that doesn't mean things shouldn't work, just that tapatalk doesn't test their thing. Which we already knew.

Sean: what happens if you click on one of the images that didn't load? It SHOULD load the original full-size image from my server. Do you see the image? And if not, does the location the browser thinks it's looking at change?
Sean

Post by Sean »

stonehillnews wrote: Potentially due to the fact they are hosted externally and maybe your ad blocker zapped them.
Thanks for the suggestion. Allowing popups and ads did not fix it though. I guess I'll complain to Tapatalk when I have nothing better to do.
Sean

Post by Sean »

dima wrote: Sean: what happens if you click on one of the images that didn't load? It SHOULD load the original full-size image from my server. Do you see the image?
Yes! That works, thanks. I guess that means it's a glitch in Tapatalk's embedding code?
dima

Post by dima »

Sean wrote:
dima wrote: Sean: what happens if you click on one of the images that didn't load? It SHOULD load the original full-size image from my server. Do you see the image?
Yes! That works, thanks. I guess that means it's a glitch in Tapatalk's embedding code?
Yeah, it can't be anything else. All posts are written using phpbb, and I write all my posts to show the low-res image and to directly link to the full-res image if somebody clicks. Browsers don't speak phpbb, and tapatalk is doing the translation from phpbb to html, which browsers do understand. I guess on mobile chrome that translation is broken for the displayed image, but at least the link works. They could have broken that part too.
dima

Post by dima »

Rico: if you have a moment, please report the issue on tapatalk's support forum. I can do that myself, but since I don't experience this issue myself, I can't answer any follow-up questions they may have.
Sean

Post by Sean »

dima wrote: Rico: if you have a moment, please report the issue on tapatalk's support forum.
I reported it just now.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

If I copy-n-paste this image directly into the Message box, it works. This is how I imagine TapACrap end of service.

If I "insert an image" using a url I get this...

dima

Post by dima »

This may or may not be related. Right-click on the broken image, and "Copy link location" or "Copy link address" or whatever. That address is the image it's trying to load. If you past that address into your web browser you'll see that the address you're using isn't the address of the image. Use the correct address next time :)
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

lol. i copied the image and the link from the same gif on the source page. go figure that the link was to the host page. i hate the internet and mosquitoes. and spiders.