Slide Mountain

Archived TRs for the Los Padres National Forest.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Slide Mountain has been on my list for a few years, but I've put it off because I thought it would be busy. I'm also not a fan of walking on pavement (the first 2 miles).

Well, I decided to go out on Saturday and I'm very glad I did. I only saw 7 people on the trail and the walk on the highway was actually kinda nice (views of Piru).

Great conditions and views. I think I'll hit nearby Whitaker Peak next time. The Bobcat Fire has inspired to hike more outside of the San Gabriels.

11 mi, 2600 ft
IMG_4016.JPG
IMG_4046.JPG
IMG_4056.JPG
IMG_3990.JPG
IMG_4018.JPG
IMG_4026.JPG
IMG_4053.JPG
IMG_4010.JPG
IMG_4038.JPG
David R

Post by David R »

Yeah surprisingly minimal amount of people, the parking area is sketchy and some of the people that hang out over there. I was there last on a very rainy day last year in March and only passed two people. I also once hiked out to Dome Mountain which is a bit more of a challenge and is on the same ridge further to the west.
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

Yeah, neat hike...and nice pix!

The volunteers who man the fire lookout can drive about halfway there...but not sure I'd want to park there during an earthquake...

Thanks for the posts!

oldcoot
P8112002sm.jpg
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

oldcoot wrote: Yeah, neat hike...and nice pix!

The volunteers who man the fire lookout can drive about halfway there...but not sure I'd want to park there during an earthquake...

Thanks for the posts!

oldcoot
Awesome shot!
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

I'm sooo jealous. This has been on my list for years and still haven't been able to go. Nice pics.