LA Based Backcountry Sufferfester Seeks Like Minded Fools/Partners

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
ccolagio

Post by ccolagio »

I made a post in socal climbing and someone recommended I give this forum a shot. New here and first post!

I spent some extremely happy years exploring Angeles National area doing some off-the-beaten-path hikes and all around the Eastern Sierras. Mainly class 3+ stuff. Nothing too wild and nothing requiring gear. Since then, my two main trekking and hiking partners have moved out of CA so the past 2 years have been...pretty dang quiet.

Simply put, I like very weird hikes. And I like very long hikes. Triplet and above. If you've done/lead a hike out to Triplet and you "enjoyed" it and are down, I'd really really love to expand my hiking/trekking circle.

I like long long day hikes, backcountry backpacking in eastern sierras, i lead climb sport, very slowly getting into trad, slowly getting into mountaineering. My bucket list is mainly filled with hiking objectives that don't really have partners.

Drop a line if triplet and the above sounds like you! Thanks ✌✌✌

Some other day hikes I've completed:

C2C2C
R2R2R
Iron to Baldy to Iron

You get the gist... :)
Taco

Post by Taco »

Right on. I was the guy who sent you this way. Good to see you made it. We have a few weirdos who might like doing this sorta stuff. I may do a triplet related activity this late fall time or so. Ill say when, if life doesnt get too in the way.
ccolagio

Post by ccolagio »

yeah pretty much! "long day hike season" is coming up for ~socal and id like to get a few things in.

keep me posted if youve got something in mind!
dima

Post by dima »

I could be convinced to go back to the Triplets, if somebody wants to go up there. If you want to try the North ridge of Iron Mt, I'd be down to do that too. Haven't summitted from that direction yet.
ccolagio

Post by ccolagio »

oh yeah nah. im good with triplet haaa. once ive "problem solved" a hike like that, the fun is lost haaa.

never heard of north ridge iron. looks like the type of hikes that im after for sure. looks super fun! id be down once temps drop. https://www.trvrsoutdoors.com/blogs/tra ... orth-ridge

but man coming down iron is such a long drag haaaa. north ridge iron to baldy? lol
Taco

Post by Taco »

Do iron so he stops bugging me to do it with him. Ill never do it.