Snakes On A Plain - A Crazy Rattlesnake Infested Prairie In Colorado Springs

Archived TRs for ranges outside California.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Ever since I moved to Colorado I've been wanting to film rattlesnakes, but wasn't quite sure where to look. Then one day I saw a story on the local news about a six year old boy who was bit by a Prairie Rattlesnake at Bluestem Prairie Open Space. Sadly he died four days later. But that gave me the tip I needed. This place is SNAKE INFESTED. Also found a few old homesteads and an old corral, plus about 100 animal skulls. I just put up a video on YouTube of all the craziness. Also made a side video on how to bleach animal skulls

Snale 16.jpg
Snale 15.jpg
Snake.jpg
Snake 20.jpg
Snake 19.jpg
Snake 5.jpg
Snake 4.jpg
Snake 3.jpg
Snake 2.jpg
Snake 1.jpg
Gene

Post by Gene »

Nice danger worm pictures!

Friendly worms too.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

AWESOME!!!
Sean

Post by Sean »

Yikes! Thanks for the videos and photos. I always wondered if sucking out snake venom from a bite was a wise thing to do.
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Beautiful photos. Sad news about the 6-year old.

Your video editing skills are pretty advanced. Good job. That plain seems pretty dangerous with a high density of rattlesnakes.

Dima can swap skull cleaning techniques with you. The few I've tried to clean up, I used hydrogen peroxide. I only I've saved one of a baby deer I found in Anza-Borrego.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

That prairie was getting too insane. Lucky I got those snake gators at the right time. The anti-venom for those snakes is at least a hundred grand.

If I do any more skulls I'm going back to the more condensed restaurant grade peroxide. It does a way better job, way faster. Just a little pricey.