Jonathan Conti's rescue-Idaho

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

So this guy's rescue had a minor blowup in Nov, hitting some corners of the webs.
He is a 'youtuber'/influencer who got rescued...and I thought to chime in too on it.
https://kit.co/Jon_Conti

I couldnt follow his video much....I was waiting for what search and rescue did so wrong.
Eventually, he started in on it. Not only were they incompetent....they did him wrong he thought.
Then I read the police version....hmm...eeks. They dont do many rescues I thought.
Of course, what he thought a rescue was is on the sad side, rather than the humorous side.

Youtube blew it up way farther than I anticipated to world wide. You had your european paid professionals talk how good they are.
replay:

Hehehe.
Had a lot of rescue personnel talking...which was a miss because every incident can be an opportunity.
Even SoCal is still taking those steps.
And then locals defending their police, seeing the word youtube got them rilled up.

Social media is a dicey thing. Maybe I need a "pro-socal sar" added to my avatar, so nobody gets any ideas hehehe.
BTW, filming is illegal in federal ;-). Has anyone been fined? Yes!

Nov 22, 2022 — According to the Idaho County Sheriff's Office, efforts to rescue Jonathan Conti are estimated at $981.38, as of press time.
Idaho may charge up to $4,000 per incident.
Blaise

Post by Blaise »

Here's the Police Report:
https://www.idahocountyfreepress.com/op ... 821df.html

And here's the video:
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Yup...its really a theoretical comment, because there is a 'trend' of enough people getting attention. Hes not the first page and wont be the last.
The SAR shows up and he sez 'smile you are on Youtube'. Eventuallly, does SAR wear body cams like the cops.
With the iphone, SAR turns into a person wanting customers.
Which has got to turn people off SAR.

But it was weird, SAR not saying 'turn your camera off', but a bunch of people chiming in.
Maybe they need the likes too.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Sounds like he didn't know that you can rehydrate food with cold water.