High Altitude Wildlife On Mt. Evans

Archived TRs for ranges outside California.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

I’ve been photographing goats, sheep and marmots between the 13,000 and 14,000 level for the past month on Mt. Evans, so the animals are getting used to seeing me. There are virtually no predators at this altitude, so they’re a little more relaxed around humans. I was lucky enough to get some close up shots of a goat that had just shed his winter coat and some marmots down below him.

Hiking With A Mountain Goat

The Secret Life of Marmots

Gene

Post by Gene »

The Marmots have some really nice fur. I get the feeling they expected the camera to be edible.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

I have a major scratch in the viewfinder from those beaver teeth. But I was noticing the same thing about their fur. Marmot coats might be the next thing.
Gene

Post by Gene »

CrazyHermit wrote: I have a major scratch in the viewfinder from those beaver teeth. But I was noticing the same thing about their fur. Marmot coats might be the next thing.
I was thinking the same thing about a Marmot coat but feared the pitchforks and torches of the animal rights people. LOL
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

What a chill goat. He looks really strong. Interesting to see the differences between goats in CO vs WA vs bighorns in CA.
CrazyHermit

Post by CrazyHermit »

Mountain Goats are even more chill in Washington. Check out this other guy's video.