Probable Mt Baldy winter closures

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
David R

Post by David R »

It would be kind of cool to see how many hikers we could get on the top of Baldy at once, I figure we cold cover every space on the top with around 500 people.
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Edward wrote: I have my own recent jury duty story, but will pass on it.

Looks like I might have triggered something by indicating that I care about Baldy, and am willing to submit to some regulation.

As I said, I am opposed to closures. But talk of 'individual rights' is a bit overdone. As soon as you wheel out of your driveway, you are in the public domain and your rights are limited.
My post wasnt directed at you..was satire... Yours is basically the same ..'we can do it better'.
Sean

Post by Sean »

HikeUp wrote:
Sean wrote:
HikeUp wrote: Full disclosure...

I don't give a shit what happens on Baldy.
But do you care what happens on NHPS Baldy?
Quantify the "N".
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Figures
Taco

Post by Taco »

Edward wrote: I have my own recent jury duty story, but will pass on it.

Looks like I might have triggered something by indicating that I care about Baldy, and am willing to submit to some regulation.

As I said, I am opposed to closures. But talk of 'individual rights' is a bit overdone. As soon as you wheel out of your driveway, you are in the public domain and your rights are limited.
Is the individual rights part directed at what i said? If so, how is it overdone? How are my rights limited? I think there is a misunderstanding here.
Sean

Post by Sean »

David R wrote: It would be kind of cool to see how many hikers we could get on the top of Baldy at once, I figure we cold cover every space on the top with around 500 people.
I'll join you, but can we all wear orange, prison outfits and recreate the Thriller dance scene?
AW~

Post by AW~ »

David R wrote: I was wondering if anyone wanted to join in with me in a flash mob and we could go visit REI?
Does anyone go to REI? Last I heard people who were "in", were with their climate therapists for their weekly sessions.

"Instead, Albrecht wishes to progress positive action and constructive futures, which he proffers through a slew of more neologisms. Eutierria represents good feelings from linking individual and planetary life forces; an a religious oneness between a person and the Earth. Soliphilia draws on Yi-Fu Tuan’s "topophilia", or place attachment, to refer to love of place relationships leading to a commitment to keep them alive and prospering."
Slowest_Hiker

Post by Slowest_Hiker »

Man, I am in the wrong business. People will separate themselves from their money over the strangest things.