Our Forum Has Moved

Comments & questions about this site.
Sean

Post by Sean »

As a Christmas gift, we moved EisPiraten.com to a new and better home. The new site is ready for action.

Merry Christmas!
Sean

Post by Sean »

Congratulations, you made it to the new forum. Big thank you to Dima and Chris for making this possible behind the scenes! We're still working on a few things, like the banner and aesthetics. But the basic functions should be working, and they should be working faster ... and stronger.

Let us know if you have any trouble or find any issues.

dima (at) secretsauce (dot) net

eispiratenforum (at) gmail (dot) com
tekewin

Post by tekewin »

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3, 4.

What a nice replacement for Tapacrap.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

I miss seeing the banner and the easy access of the most recent posted hikes. When will it be available?
Gene

Post by Gene »

Girl Hiker wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:59 pm I miss seeing the banner and the easy access of the most recent posted hikes. When will it be available?
Click on the "Quick Links" There is a "New Posts" link.
dima

Post by dima »

Girl Hiker wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:59 pm I miss seeing the banner and the easy access of the most recent posted hikes. When will it be available?
There's no satisfying you people! :) Banner is medium-broken right now; will be fixed probably next week. The quick links are a good shortcut for the new posts. Also, the unread forums/threads/topics appear in red, so you can quickly (because THIS thing is actually fast) navigate to the new posts.

Do you remember what you did before tapatalk? The current set-up should be very similar to that one.
David R

Post by David R »

When are we going to move back to the old site? :lol:
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

David R wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:42 pm When are we going to move back to the old site? :lol:
LOL
So there's no need to even look at the tapacrap version for New stuff?
dima

Post by dima »

The tapatalk board is still there, but it's locked down, and will not be updated. If you find anything broken with the new board, tell me, and it will be fixed.
Girl Hiker

Post by Girl Hiker »

dima wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:13 am
There's no satisfying you people! :) Banner is medium-broken right now; will be fixed probably next week. The quick links are a good shortcut for the new posts. Also, the unread forums/threads/topics appear in red, so you can quickly (because THIS thing is actually fast) navigate to the new posts.

Do you remember what you did before tapatalk? The current set-up should be very similar to that one.

I'm satisfied now that I've had time to navigate through it. Good Job! It is faster.
Elwood

Post by Elwood »

Thanks for all the hard work preserving the old site, the wrestling it into 'tapatalk' and managing to preserve it once again through another re-hosting. You guys ROCK!
simonov

Post by simonov »

Oh man, so glad to see the site on a new dedicated platform.

Were the old threads preserved?

Edit: Whoops, looks like they were.
Nunc est bibendum
dima

Post by dima »

Magical, isn't it? There're a few things that didn't survive the two migrations fully intact, but I'm slowly getting them fixed as I get the time. If anybody reading this has the tech skills and the motivation, let me know and we can talk about splitting the effort. Ultimately this isn't super important, so I've mostly been doing other things
kristopolous

Post by kristopolous »

I'm the mysterious chris mentioned above. I was pretty careful to make sure everything was moved. We spent a couple weeks on it. If you see anything missing, I probably have the archives and would be happy to bring it over. I don't really hike that much although I did when I was a kid in the Conejo Valley almost every day after school. The namedrops here would be China Flats, Fossil Lookout and Stagecoach Bluff
dima

Post by dima »

It almost sounds like you're asking for more free work :) I checked the import pretty thoroughly, and I'm pretty sure we got all there's to get. The missing/broken things I know about are mostly stuff that Tapatalk broke during their migration in 2017 (they weren't nearly as careful as you and I) and the image archive they broke. Both of those can be fixed somewhat, and I'm working on that here and there.
simonov

Post by simonov »

I'm actually very impressed you got as much over as you did.
Nunc est bibendum