What's In San Diego County

Discuss SoCal ranges other than the San Gabriels.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Need some help with day hike locations in San Diego County. I could use some ideas for a day hike or two down in SD area. I'd like to find something either a little challenging (technical) or in the 12-16 mile range.

I guess anything out as far as the southern Anzo Borrego would be fine, as long as its worth the drive.

Thanks for any input.

Eric - don't need your commentary. :lol:
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

EnFuego wrote:Need some help with day hike locations in San Diego County. I could use some ideas for a day hike or two down in SD area. I'd like to find something either a little challenging (technical) or in the 12-16 mile range.

I guess anything out as far as the southern Anzo Borrego would be fine, as long as its worth the drive.

Thanks for any input.

Eric - don't need your commentary. :lol:
There's a section of the PCT that runs along the top ridgeline of Mount Laguna, all the way to Kwaaymi Point and you could bag Monument Peak, Mnt. Laguna, Garnet Peak, Garret Peak and Oriflamme Peak. It's about 14 miles of trail depending on where you jumped in at, nothing to technical and all of these have unobstructive view of the Anza Borrego desert floot which is from 3,000 to 4,000 feet below - some of the most scenic spots in all of San Diego for hiking. See your email for maps from PCT website.
:D
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

goptkg :cry: :evil: :oops:
simonov

Post by simonov »

Rabbit Peak will adequately kick your ass, but it's over 20 miles round trip.
Nunc est bibendum
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

The owner is trying to revive this site.
hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

Check out Granite, Whale, Sombreo or Indianhead Peaks in Anza Borrego. They are all on Summitpost. Not really San Diego, but well worth the drive. They aren't technical or really long, but you could do 2 in one day if you want miles.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

edenooch wrote:goptkg :cry: :evil: :oops:
I guess English didn't work.

Patrick/Hvydrt - thanks for the input. I'm going to check those places on the net today. The PCT sounds cool, but so do the other peaks.

AlanK - thanks for the site. is he trying to revive it, or did he jsut start it?
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

Villager and/or Rabbit Peaks in Anza Borrego. Also Rosa Point. Hikes to any of the 3 give 5000 + ft gain.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

EnFuego wrote:AlanK - thanks for the site. is he trying to revive it, or did he jsut start it?
I believe that the site is being re-started. There was an attempt at a San Diego board a while back and it disappeared. I don't know any details. I imagine that it just didn't take off quickly enough. It seems worth having -- there is a lot of good hiking in the San Diego area.